For those of you who don’t know why we haven’t been posting the last few weeks is because we had to take a trip back home. My grandfather Pappy passed away and I needed to come back to be there with my family. We miss you every day Pappy.
Needless to say, this is why we are flexible in our travelling plans. We were planning on spending another month and half in South America, but because we came back to the US, it didn’t make sense for us to go back down to South America for only a month and then fly across the world.
So we decided to move on. We’re currently in Bangkok, Thailand getting our visas for Myanmar. Myanmar’s internet access is limited and apparently going to be very slooow, so I wouldn’t expect any blogging until after Dec. 8th.
While we were home visiting, we got to spend a lot of time with family and friends. It was exciting to see everyone and catch up on everything that we missed in the 3 months we were gone.
Some exciting things we did in the US:
- Dave got to drink a lot of Sam Adams Beer, both Octoberfest and winter lager – hopefully he got his fix for the next 9 months
- Eat lots of Ice Cream (and fatten up)
- Experience an Earthquake AND hurricane
- Visit with friends and family
- Go to the camp in Maine
- Watched some episodes of “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” – which made Dave cry from laughing so hard.
- Go to the annual Halloween party
I can’t believe we were home for three weeks. It went by so fast. But, It was a good break from the travel lifestyle and I can say that It was much harder to leave this time than it was the first time.
Here we go again.